“A wise person knows that there is something to be learned by everyone.”—Anonymous
Coffee is about connecting people and sparking discussion, so at Merchants of Green Coffee we place immense value on both our Community and Constructive Conversation.
This thoughtful, straightforward policy takes a proactive and holistic approach to ensuring that our Community is supportive of our company mission and modelled on the principals of openness, fairness, transparency, empathy, honesty and safety …
Community Communication Rules & Guidelines
- Respect – In all directions.
- No Discrimination – We have zero tolerance. (Includes age, sex, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, provincial or local laws, regulations or ordinances).
- No Abusive Language, Cruel Intentions or Obvious Violations – Includes language that is:
– Abusive, angry, aggressive, defamatory, intolerant, offensive, obscene or sarcastic.
– Any form of harassment (including physical, mental, sexual, and any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, provincial or local laws, regulations or ordinances).
– Repetitive or continual, flooding of timelines, threads or feeds.
– Intended to deliberately provoke.
– Unrelated to the discussion or off-topic.
– Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading.
– Spam, business solicitations or other advertising.
– In violation of any North American law.
- Constructive Conversation Only – We simply don’t have time for clearly unnecessary negative attitudes or trolling.
- Truthfulness – All claims must be substantiated. Otherwise they must be removed from online and in-store spaces.
- Realism & Forgiveness – We’re realistic and know that both positive & negative emotions, emotional situations, and miscommunication are inseparable from discourse. We do not hide from this reality, nor do we hold grudges.
- No Public Humiliation – Principles of integrity, professionalism, and personal privacy must be upheld. Conflict resolution is handled via direct and respectful communication amoung the individuals involved.
The above rules & guidelines apply to all of our communication and govern the way we engage with our community & moderate social discourse within. This includes our online communication (i.e. website comments, product reviews, social media posts, comments and mentions); as well as our our customer service (both in-person and online).
“Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost.”—Kahlil Gibran